It’s not only a hassle, but it’s also time-consuming and expensive.
But there’s a way to avoid replacing your building or office’s carpet sooner than you should have to.
It’s all about giving your carpet the maintenance and care it needs so that it lasts a long, long time.
Not only will you save money, but you’ll also make a good impression on anyone who enters your building, you’ll keep germs at bay and reduce the number of sick days employees accrue.
And your space will smell nice, too!
So, how’s it done? With a commercial carpet maintenance program.
If you’re not using this type of service yet, you’ll want to jump on the bandwagon ASAP.
Here’s what you need to know.
Why place a high value on commercial carpet care?
Your warranty may depend on it
If the carpet company is going to shell out money to honor your warranty, they want to make sure that you’ve done everything by the book to care for and maintain your investment.
The bottom line is that the warranty for many commercial carpets requires that you have a regular cleaning program.
And they want you to prove it with documentation.
Here are some examples of what the commercial carpet care warranty may necessitate:
- The preventive steps you’re taking.
- Daily maintenance.
- Regularly scheduled cleaning.
- Regularly scheduled deep cleaning.
Extend the life of your carpets
Did you know that you can give your carpet an even longer life than what the manufacturer estimates?
It happens by increasing your budget to accommodate frequent, regular cleaning. And that’s with an increase of only 10% per year.
And that increase pays for itself when you don’t have to replace your carpet as early as you thought you would.
Plus, you’re doing Mother Nature a favor, too. Where does commercial carpet go when it dies?
Yep, to the landfill. When it hasn’t been maintained, it gets there a lot faster than it should.
Plus, there’s more
We touched on it above, but there are several more great reasons to think about commercial carpet care and to take advantage of a maintenance program, including:
- Convenience. With regularly scheduled appointments, you’ll always know when your pros are coming to clean and you won’t have to worry about calling all the time – or forgetting to call!
- Health. It’s no secret that carpets are notorious for harboring all sorts of germs. When you let them run rampant, people are more likely to get sick, call off work, and cost the company money in sick day wages. (Plus, you just don’t want your valued staff to suffer!)
- Smell. People will notice the unpleasant odor rolling out of your un-maintained carpets as soon as they enter the building. Don’t let stinky floors repel potential customers before they even find out how great your business is.
- First impressions. Dirty carpets have a “look.” That dingy, grungy look that makes people doubt working with you. First impressions matter!
The moral of the story is…
You can’t afford to play fast and loose with commercial carpet care.
Hammond Knoll can help you establish a cost-effective maintenance program that fulfills the requirements of your warranty and follows the recommendations of the carpet manufacturer.
It’s called the Stay Beautiful Program and you can learn more about it by clicking the button below .