A dingy, unsightly chair, loveseat or sofa in your home is a real turnoff.
To ensure cleanliness and make your home an inviting place for family and guests, you need regular upholstery cleaning services you can trust.
And understanding upholstery cleaning cost is critical.
We’re going to take a look at the factors involved in determining upholstery cleaning costs, and show you how we actually calculate the price to clean various pieces of furniture so you can make informed decisions.
How to know when to clean your upholstery or replace it
Part of the issue is determining if you should have the furniture cleaned or just replace it.
That question leads to another one: Is it a fabric that cannot be cleaned?
Absolutely, positively – without a doubt – all types of fabrics can be cleaned.
However, once we determine the clean-ability of the piece and understand your expectations for the finished product, we will be as transparent as possible about the best route to go.
Then, you’ll have the opportunity to decide if cleaning is the right step for your beloved furniture.
4 Factors that will affect upholstery cleaning costs
What factors affect the cost to clean upholstery?
The following factors affect furniture cleaning costs:
- The type of fiber (silk, synthetic, cotton).
- The type of process it needs (water or dry cleaning).
- The type of damage (smoke, mold, mildew, urine).
- The color-safeness.
Your furniture is an expensive investment.
When it comes to cleaning the furniture in your home, the most commonly asked question is: Is it worth it?
Sectionals, sofas, loveseats, chairs, ottomans, dining chairs, cushions or any other item of furniture need to be cleaned on a regular basis – especially if they’ve endured activities from a couple of toddlers or teens.
Here’s an office chair we made look like new.
But thinking about how much it will cost may give you pause if you have a budget to stick to.
There are several variables to consider when pricing upholstery cleaning.
Let’s take a look at the specifics of determining your furniture cleaning costs:
- Is the fiber synthetic, cotton, or silk?
- Does it require a water process or a more delicate dry cleaning process?
- Has it been damaged by pet urine, mold, mildew or smoke? Does it have an odor?
- Are the colors safe or will they run during the cleaning process, causing damage to the fabric?
Despite the variables for furniture cleaning costs, a residential upholstery cleaning company with years of experience cleaning all kinds of furniture has the ability to “ballpark” some basic costs.
When doing the actual math of furniture cleaning costs, there are two factors to consider:
- Fabric type.
- Length or size of the piece.
Check out this example for a sofa, sectional, or loveseat cleaning:
- Flat-weave/napped fabrics = $32 per linear foot. (Measurements are taken from the length of the sofa from outer-arm to outer-arm.) Typically made of a synthetic fiber, it has a bumpy texture and feels like a soft plastic.
For a sofa measuring 7′ – the standard size – your costs would look like this:
- 7 x $32 = $224, with pick-up and delivery or cleaned in your home.
If you bring it into our facility, you’ll save 20%, which, in this case, would knock $45 off your bill.
How to do the math to calculate the cost to clean your furniture
Here’s some additional cost information you can use to ballpark the cost to clean your furniture piece:
- Cotton, wool and velvet = $35 per linear foot
- Silk, hand-painted delicate fabrics = $40 per linear foot (These fabrics are required to be cleaned in our facility due to the cleaning process and delicacy of the fabric.)
- Chairs such as wingback, recliners, barrel chairs, etc. = $115-$150, depending on the size
- Dining room chairs = $25-$115 each, depending on the size of the chair, amount of fabric and type of fabric
- Cushions and throw pillows = $15-$75 each, depending on the size (A standard sofa seat cushion is around $45.)
Before and after of a couch cushion that needed some help
Turning to expert furniture cleaning services makes all the difference
No matter what type of furniture needs attention in your home, choosing the right company to handle your upholstery cleaning needs is vital.
Don’t trust your expensive investment to just anyone. The consequences could be dire and result in you having to spend more money on replacement costs if your chair, sofa or loveseat is damaged.
Don’t worry. When you choose to work with a reputable residential cleaning company, you can rest assured that your possessions will be safe and will receive the right type of cleaning for the upholstered material