Your home is an inviting place for family and guests—until a dingy, unsightly chair, loveseat or sofa catches their eye.
To keep your valuable home furnishings looking their best, you need regular upholstery cleaning services. And you don’t want to have to be hunting in your sofa cushions for spare change to pay for them!
Understanding upholstery cleaning costs is critical to getting the best value from your cleaning service.
Read on to learn the factors that determine upholstery cleaning costs, and how HammondKnoll calculates the price to clean various pieces of furniture.
Should I clean my upholstery or replace it?
Two common questions we encounter are:
- Can this upholstery fabric even be cleaned?
- Should I have this piece of furniture cleaned or just replace it?
The answer to question one is easy—all upholstery fabrics can be cleaned.
Question two is trickier to answer, but keep in mind that new furniture is often quite expensive, and a thorough cleaning can rejuvenate your living space for a fraction of the cost. Also, many furniture items have sentimental value as treasured family heirlooms, and can’t be easily replaced.
Once our experts at Hammond Knoll determine the clean-ability of the piece and understand your expectations for the finished product, we can offer you informed guidance and suggestions based on our many years of experience.
Ultimately it is up to you to decide if cleaning is the right step for your beloved furniture–this article will arm you with the knowledge you need to make the best choice.
4 Factors that will affect upholstery cleaning costs
Sectionals, sofas, loveseats, chairs, ottomans, dining chairs, cushions or any other item of furniture need to be cleaned on a regular basis – especially if they’ve endured years of activities from toddlers, teens, or pets.
When it comes to cleaning the furniture in your home, the most commonly asked question is: Is it worth it?
Your furniture is an expensive investment, so giving it the best maintenance and care makes sense.
You may be wondering if you have enough cushion in your budget to cover upholstery cleaning. We’ve seen enough over the years at HammondKnoll to be able to stitch together an accurate estimate for each furniture piece based on a few important variables.
What factors affect the cost to clean upholstery?The following factors affect furniture cleaning costs:
- The type of fiber. Is it synthetic, cotton, or silk?
- The type of process it needs. Does it require a water process or a more delicate dry cleaning process?
- The type of damage. Has it been damaged by pet urine, mold, mildew or smoke? Does it have an odor?
- The color-safeness. Are the colors safe or will they run during the cleaning process, causing damage to the fabric?
- Fabric type.
- Length or size of the piece.
- Flat-weave/napped fabrics = $32 per linear foot. (Measurements are taken from the length of the sofa from outer-arm to outer-arm.) Typically made of a synthetic fiber, it has a bumpy texture and feels like a soft plastic.
- For a sofa measuring 7′ – the standard size – your costs would look like this: 7 x $32 = $224, with pick-up and delivery or cleaned in your home.
Experience the difference an expert furniture cleaning service can make
Your furniture is not just a significant investment that adds comfort and beauty to your living spaces, it is part of the fabric of your life, with stories and memories around each piece. No matter what type of furniture needs attention in your home, choosing the right company to handle your upholstery cleaning needs is vital.
Entrusting your precious furniture to just anyone could result in you having to spend even more money on a replacement if your chair, sofa or loveseat is damaged—not to mention the tragic loss of a treasured family heirloom.
When you choose to work with HammondKnoll, you can rest assured that your possessions will be safe and will receive the right type of cleaning for the upholstered material.
There’s a lot to consider when it comes to getting your furniture cleaned, and HammondKnoll is always happy to answer any questions.